Effective Date: Jan 22, 2023.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Providing requested products and services. Your email address is used to provide you with the products or services (send license keys, download links, activation tutorials, inform about product expiration, security updates and billing details). The information given in these emails is crucial for activating and use of the products and services you signed up for. Such emails do not contain any marketing or promotional information and are solely used to deliver the product or service to the end user or customer. You may not be able to use some of our products and services if you decline collection of your email address.
Sales activities. We may use your name, phone number and email address to communicate with you about products and services, provide pre-sale and deployment assistance, and process orders.
Customer support. Your name, email address and phone number is also used to provide technical support for products and services, send responses to tickets you create and call you when products issues require our immediate attention.
Quality assurance. Our client applications automatically collect anonymous information about your endpoint (application version, device hardware specifications and network performance statistics) to enhance our products and services quality. We use this information to optimize and provide compatibility of our solutions with specific devices and networks you are using. Our software may also download and install some updates with your permission.
Web data analytics. We may collect statistical and analytical data in connection with the operation and performance of our websites, services, marketing and sales activities. The information we collect is used to evaluate the performance of our websites and services, as well as to better understand the needs of our customers and users.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
VIDEOCONFERENCINGSOFT.COM may share your information as follows:
- with TrueConf LLC or, TrueConf’s subsidiaries in accordance with our business purposes.
- TrueConf’s channel partners, under appropriate non-disclosure and data security obligations for purposes of reselling of our products or services.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our products and services, e.g. email marketing services, tracking services, payment processors, etc. These third-party service providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your personal information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
- We will disclose information when we believe such action is necessary or desirable to respond to legal process or government demands or requests, to protect lives or property rights, to maintain the security of our products or services, or to help defend ourselves against any claims or allegations.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We always execute the following rules in order to safeguard and protect the personal information you provide:
- Encrypt all data transferred between your web browser and our web server. We utilize TLS.
- Require authentication before signing in into your personal area on our websites.
- Store all personal data in encrypted form.
However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment and despite our safeguards we cannot guarantee the full security of your information. While using Internet-connected services, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique accounts and personal data and for controlling access to communications services.
WHERE IS INFORMATION WE COLLECT STORED?
Electronic information collected by TrueConf’s website for European users (trueconf.com) is kept on the servers that are owned and operated by TrueConf LLC. These servers are located in Germany. We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
To store personal data about you we need your consent to store it. For personal data related to your specific use of our products and services our stated policy is to retain that data for 2 years. We may also store your name, phone and email address for a longer period of time if we need to maintain effective business relations with you.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access the information we have about you at any time. As well as to request us to delete, modify, or export the personal data we store about you.
- Transactional emails containing your license or billing information do not have an unsubscribe link by default, since it will not be possible to keep providing you with our services. Please contact us directly at email@example.com if you want to opt-out from such emails.
- TrueConf newsletters contain an unsubscribe link, so that you always can use this link to opt-out from our newsletter.
- We strive to keep your information accurate, current, and complete. For accessing, modifying, exporting or deleting your personal information please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We normally respond to requests within 5 business days.
- You can always manage, enable or disable cookies in your browser. To delete your cookies, please refer to your browser documentation.